The Proven Clamshell Alternative
- Award-winning, patented, customizable package design.
- Complies with retailers’ sustainability requirements.
- Reduces petroleum-based plastic use by up to 70 percent.
- Deters in-store tampering and pilferage with built-in security.
- Lowers consumer injury rates with safer-to-open materials.
- Delivers high visual appeal and maximizes shelf presentation.
- Generally costs less than traditional plastic clamshells.
- Optional tear-resistant hanger hole for product displays.
Sustainability. Strength. Security. Stackability. Style. Savings.
BlisterGuard is a highly versatile, designer-friendly package that delivers sustainability – but without sacrificing strength, security, stackability, style or savings. It is manufactured using heat-sealable solid bleached sulfate paperboard laminated with a multilayer strength film, together with a thermoformed blister, a paperboard-based design that offers manufacturers many benefits.
The large printable area generates maximum brand impact and shelf presentation, giving commercial products high visibility in retail settings. BlisterGuard is also recyclable* and meets retailers’ demands for more sustainable packaging by reducing the use of petroleum-based plastics by up to 70 percent. And by design, the lack of sharp edges makes BlisterGuard safer to open than traditional RF-sealed plastic clamshells. (Tear-resistant at the store, BlisterGuard is easy to open at home with a pair of scissors.)
|BlisterGuard is ideal for a variety of products, including …
The Environmentally Friendly Choice
- BlisterGuard eliminates printed inserts commonly associated with plastic clamshells.
- BlisterGuard reduces energy consumption by using less plastic/polymer material.
- BlisterGuard uses paperboard, a renewable resource, as its primary raw material.
- BlisterGuard can be recycled and reused to manufacture other paper and paperboard.*
- BlisterGuard may reduce costs by up to 35 percent over plastic clamshells.
* BlisterGuard may be recycled in programs that accept mixed material packaging.