Company: Colbert Packaging Corporation – Kenosha, Wisconsin
Date: November 24th, 2021
Job Title: Offset Printing Press Assistant, 2nd or 3rd Shift
Days: Monday – Friday
2nd shift 2:00pm to 10:00pm
3rd shift 10:00pm to 6:00am
Overtime: Occasional, Sat & Sun
Pay Schedule: Hourly
Physical Demand: Medium
Work Pace: Machine and self-paced
Key Job Description
Operate Feeder on 6/color sheetfed Offset Printing Press; assist Press Operator with make ready, washup, and pharmaceutical quality checks.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform press make‑readys, including setting fountain keys, putting ink in fountains, putting on and registering press plates, adjusting feed & delivery guides, adjusting ink and water balance.
- During operation of printing press, adjust dial to set spray powder unit, periodically remove spray unit to clean, pull single sheets from loads for quality checks, adjust ink and water balance, fill spray powder hopper with cornstarch, fill ink fountains as needed with ink, monitor coating levels in coating drum, transport coating drums to press, attach pump to drums.
- Scan barcodes and attach them to the C of C.
- Operate Aerator.
- Transport sheets of paperboard to printing press.
- Feed paperboard into press as needed.
- Visually inspect material for quality; including color, copy, register & printing defects.
- Accurately perform required quality checks in accordance with SOPs.
- Wash up press; including taking ink out of fountains, cleaning wash up pans, cleaning blankets and rollers with solvent. Remove plates. Take off and put on blankets and packing. Tighten blankets with torque wrench. Make aqueous coating plates.
- Remove rollers from racks, install and set rollers, remove rollers from press and place on skids.
- Clean and pull off bearings on end of rollers.
- Pull printed sheets away from delivery on pallet truck.
- Fill out load tags, HFI tags, time reports as needed.
- Monitor condition of machinery and report unsafe conditions and/or needed repairs.
- Perform preventative press maintenance, including greasing & oiling press, cleaning cylinders and rollers, removing spray powder, dust and scrap from press and delivery pit, cleaning ink fountains to ensure the press is kept in good condition.
- Assist Press Operator as needed, and perform duties of Press Operator in his/her absence.
- Develop teamwork and positive relationships with co-workers.
- Be dependable, on time to work and at work consistently, regular and overtime hours and weekends.
- Adhere to all Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Meet all established standards of conduct and work performance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
8 hour shift
All employees and visitors are required to wear a mask, air purification technology is used in common areas, and additional precautionary measures in accordance with CDC and OSHA guidelines are in place.
Offset Printing Press Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location